Friday, August 29, 2008

New Critter Welcomed

Since Gumby passed away last year the old homestead seemed to be missing something. This in spite of the fact there remained two cats and a dog to keep me company. Pokey, a 12 year old Calico. The Queen of the manse. Dahg, a 10 year old DSH, and Toba, a 2 year old Cockapoo. Daddy's girl.


Further, Pokey - acquired 10 years ago to keep Gumby company, has become more and more clingy. While this is both good and bad I believe Pokey increasingly misses Gumby and his company. Gumby and Pokey became fast friends upon meeting in 1999. They constantly played together and kept each other company. Then Toba was added in 2006. A dog!

Suffice to say Pokey's nose is seriously out of shape.

The new addition is an adorable 2 year old Tortoiseshell. Weighing only 6.5 pounds, she is tiny. After maybe 4 hours she has demonstrated zero concern over the dog, and slight disdain over Pokey and Dahg. Since Dahg doesn't like anybody (except Dad) I have high hopes Pokey and the young girl become friends and playmates.

That said I need a name for the newest addition. I don't like the traditional names (after all, I DO have a cat named Dahg!).

So, what shall I name her?
----------------------------------------------------------
For those following this thread I have named her Winn. Anyone care to guess what that is short for? ;>}

downtown winnipeg images

downtown winnipeg images
source: StBPegger

source: carly's blog, james2010

source: carly's blog, james2010